I started in the disability field in October of 1985 in the Institutional Setting of Caloola which was in Sunbury. I completed Cert IV in Disability which was known as (ACRACS), then was a part of the transferring of clients into residential housing (Community Residential Units). In the is capacity I have worked in behavioural housing along with high medical care. In 2000 I had a career change to Juvenile Justice where I completed Cert IV in Community Services (Youth Work) Cert 3 in Community Services (Child Protection…. Juvenile Justice, Cert IV in Training & Assessment. In October 2006 I returned back to disability and I am currently still working with Northern Health & Human Services. I completed a diploma in Community Services through Wentworth College in 2016, I maintain a level two first aid every three years currently until 2019, CPR every three years currently until October 2018.
Education & Training Qualifications
- Undertaking Diploma in Mental Health 2017
- Undertaking Diploma of Community Services 2016
- Level IV Assessment and Workplace Training Certificate
- Certificate III in Community Services (Child Protection Juvenile Justice)
- Certificate IV in Community Services (Youth Work)
- Diploma of Community Services Work
- First Aid Training Level 2: Completed (Current & Valid)
- Emergency Asthma Management 2013
- Manual Handling Training 2016
- Keyword Signing Ausland 2012
- Autism Training 2011
- Embrassing Sexual Diversity Workshop 2000
- Working with children Check: Completed (Current & Valid)
- Training in Managing Challenging Behaviours
- Training in Ethical Response Safety
Professional Experience & Achievements
- Recognised as a quick learner, with the ability to master new tasks with minimal supervision.
- Worked 24 hour rotataing shifts and have a success orietated work attitude with high energy levels and positive attitude.
- I have the ability to deal with sensitive situations in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Strong sense of responsibility and motivation , good written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and great problem solving skills, a team player with ledaership qualities.