Positive Behaviour Intervention & Support (PBIS) or State Wide Positive Behaviour Suppoert (SWPBS) is aimed at all school staff who work with young children. In this workshop the following will be covered: introduction to what is person centered practice, information collecting around getting to know the person – (incl impact of trauma & attachment, human relations) proactive approach – (incl what are behaviours of concern, warnings sign and triggers, behaviour recording, reasons behind the behaviour), functional behaviour assessment process- incl positive replacement behaviours, de escalation strategies, self control & self care, crisis communication, & communication continuum, and stress cycle). Some of the content and ideas in the workshop have been drawn from the DHHS 3 day Positive Behaviour Support Package.
- Proactive Approach
- Definitions – Legislation
- What is Positive Behaviour & Intervention Support (PBIS)
- Getting to Know the Person (Theory)
- Background Factors
- Functional Analysis
- Reactive Response to the Situation
The purpose of this package is for participants to learn about:
- the interrelationship that exists between personal background factors and behaviours of concern
- the interrelationship of bio-psychosocial factors and behaviours of concern
- why people communicate and/or show behaviours of concern
- the value of a functional behaviour assessment
- how to provide positive behaviour support
- the importance of self control strategies.
Training is normally offered as a one day introduction or two day intensive training from 9-4pm but we have a special introductory workshop available.