Richard Charles – Senior / Specialist Consultant / Trainer
Mr Richard Charles, is a registered social worker with experience in community, corporate and private sectors.
BA (hons) Social Work, Grad Dip Behavioural Science (psychology), Dip Management
Richard has worked across a number of community and private sector settings spanning 25 years. Commencing his career as a social worker working with ‘at risk’ young people in Manchester UK, he progressed to working with adults within the criminal justice sector. He has experience of treating, young people, adults for various issues and also has worked with high risk offenders in the community and prisons.
Richard currently undertakes a number of role within his private practice which includes: working with the complex behaviours of young people and adults diagnosed with mental health issues, substance use issues and behavioural issues.
Richard descries himself as a compassionate therapist who can adapt to the differing needs of his clients.
Services provided to:
Age groups across the lifespan but in particular:
- People at life transition points such a adolescence/young adult
- Individuals involved in the criminal justice system or people engaging in violent/aggressive behaviours
- Parents/carers in regard to child/adolescent problems
- Workplace behavioural issues
- Young people struggling within a school environment
Areas of expertise:
- Anxiety – including social problems
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (excessive worry)
- Workplace stress
- Addictions/Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Behaviour Management – young people/parent/carers/teachers
- Grief and Loss
- Self Esteem and confidence Issues
- Men’s issues
- Trauma and PTSD
Types of treatment modalities:
Richard adopts a range of evidence based therapeutic approaches drawing on a number of therapies including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness and Schema Therapy