Trauma Informed Care Training (TIC) is aimed at all staff working with children who have experience trauma in Child Welfare, Out of Home Care, Child Protection, Residential, Respite or School settings. In this workshop the following will be covered: trauma & attachment informed practice, impact of trauma & attachment, intervention, support & managing personal stress. Workshop will also involve practice scenarios which will enable participants to learn and work through the issues better. Workshop is inline with Child Youth & Family Services model for therapeutic & trauma informed care.
- Types of Trauma
- The Impact of Trauma & Attachment
- What does Child Trauma & Attachment look like
- Neurobiology of Trauma
- Trauma & Attachment Informed Practice
- Intervention Strategies for Children with Trauma
- Providing Support to the Child
- Managing Professional & Personal Stress
- Provide information about concepts associated with trauma informed care as they relate to child welfare & behavioral health settings
- Gain increased understanding of the implications of trauma for case planning and intervention
- Identifying providers who practice in trauma informed ways.
- Provide examples of specific indicators of trauma & attachment informed child welfare practices.
Training is normally offered as a full day training from 9.30-3.30pm.