Managing Aggression (MA) is aimed at staff/carers who support a person in aged care with people with Dementia and (ARBI) Alcohol Related Brain Injuries that exhibit aggressive behaviours where there may be a risk of someone being injuried. In this workshop, the following will be covered: assessing risk and minimising risk: managing your own feelings in difficult circumstances, ethical response techniques. Along with learning how to defuse a possible situation before it escalates out of control. Participants will be taught a range of techniques to keep everyone safe that are non-punitive and do not cause pain”.
- Legal Issues (Law of Self Defence & Lawful Interventions)
- Ethical Response & Safe Practices (Theory)
- Behaviour Management
- Therapeutic Physical Response
- Understand Legal Issues
- Apply Ethical & Safe Practises
- Define Positive Behavioural Support
- Understand Behaviour Management Strategies
- Demonstrate Therapeutic Responses
Training is normally offered as a full day training from 9-4pm but we have a special introductory half day workshop available.