Managing Aggression (MA) is aimed at staff who work in aged care with people with Dementia and (ARBI) Alcohol Related Brain Injuries that exhibit behaviours of concern or where there may be a risk of someone being hurt. In this workshop, the following will be covered: assessing risk and minimising risk: managing your own feelings in difficult circumstances, ethical response techniques. Along with learning how to defuse a possible situation before it escalates out of control. Participants will be taught a range of techniques to keep everyone safe that are non-punitive and do not cause pain”.
- Legal Issues (Law of Self Defence & Lawful Interventions)
- Ethical Response & Safe Practices (Theory)
- Behaviour Management
- Therapeutic Physical Response
- Understand Legal Issues
- Apply Ethical & Safe Practises
- Define Positive Behavioural Support
- Understand Behaviour Management Strategies
- Demonstrate Therapeutic Responses
Training is normally offered as a full day training from 9-4pm but we have a special introductory half day workshop available.