- RCA Rod Catterall & Associates provides internal trainer/ facilitator certification under RCA Training Division in Disability / Aged Care / Health / Education sectors on Behaviour Management Training.
- To apply for a position as trainer under RCA please submit a resume and covering letter via email to: email@example.com
- Link to RCA online training portal www.rca1.moodle.school (need a login from our office to access)
- RCA minimum requirements are
- Working with Children Check and Police Check clearance
- Own public & Professional Liability / Indemnity Insurance
- Evidence of Cert IV in workplace training & Assessment,
- Complete the NDIS worker Orientation Module http://training.ndiscommsion.gov.au select Worker Orientation Module. (Working in Disability Only)
- Evidence of min 2 years full time current industry experience.
- Evidence of previous training experience min 1 years or equivalent.
- Must be either a support worker, team leader, supervisor , or equivalent and or be able to demonstrates good leadership & communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of positive behaviour support for the current industry
- Must demonstrate a good understanding current industry standards and current legislation.
- Must be able to demonstrate physical response skills in evasive self defence.
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication skills in dealing with difficult situations, and managing challenging behaviours.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of behaviour management strategies for their industry.
- Must be able to demonstrate best practice in their industry
Trainer Certification Steps 1-4 under Rod Catterall & Associates. All steps must be completed in full for all New Trainers / Facilitator.
- Rod Catterall & Associates Trainer Certification is in 4 steps which need to be completed in full before progressing to the next step. Steps 3 needs to be completed for each new training package.
- Step 1. Pre Approval Checks (Online Forms)
- Step 2. Pre requisites (Pre recorded webinar ) – need to provide / upload evidence & qualifications.
- Step 3. Train the Trainer Internal – we train you on knowledge & content of each package / course. (Trainer Learning Methods of Knowledge – Methods 1-4)
- Step 4. How to Present (Trainer Learning Methods of Knowledge – Methods 2-4)
Trainer Certification Levels under Rod Catterall & Associates.
- Trainer ( Co- Facilitator)
- Lead Facilitator (Under Supervision)
- Advanced Facilitator (Solo Facilitator)
- Specialist Facilitator (BS Practitioner – IERST trainer)
- Director of Training (State Training Manager)
- National Training Manager (Owner of RCA Training Division)
Trainer Learning Methods 1-4 of Knowledge – All are require to be Certified as a New Trainers / Facilitator.
- Rod Catterall & Associates Trainer Learning includes 6 Methods. Methods 1-4 needs to be completed for your first training package you are seeking trainer certification in. Following that you only need to complete methods 2-4 for each new package you are seeking additional trainer certification in.
- Method 1. Watch all
– Basic Foundation Training Program
as Pre Recorded/ Archive Webinars. We train you on the foundation knowledge content. ( Required Annually for each Trainer)
- Method 2. Co-Facilitate Training (min 3 Required)
– Behaviour Management Training Programs as Live Webinars / Face to Face – You co deliver / facilitate the program with another trainer. (Recommended 1 co-facilitation annually for each trainer seeking renewal of trainer certification for each package)
- Method 3. Lead Facilitation of training (min 2 Required)
– Behaviour Management Training Programs as Live Webinars / Face to Face – under supervision.
- Method 4. Advanced Facilitation of Training as Solo facilitator
– Behaviour Management Training Programs as Live Webinars / Face to Face. (Trainer Certification is Approved)
- Method 5. Specialist Facilitator (BS Practitioner – IERST trainer)
– online registration under CBC to receive your provisional BS Practitioner approval.
- Method 6. Director of Training (State Training Manager)
– Lisencing agreement from a state representative approved by the owner of training division.
- Method 1. Watch all
Basic Foundation Training Programs 1-6 (All Pre recorded Webinars to be completed Annually by all Trainers)
- Links for Basic Foundation Training Pre recorded Webinars – www.rca1.moodle.school get our office to provide you with 2 weeks unlimited access with your own login to complete all the foundation training programs.
- Basic Foundation Training Programs 1-6 Mandatory (All Pre recorded Webinars with Self Asessment ) 1 hour duration.
- 1. (PBS) Positive Behaviour Support Training
- 2. (TICT) Trauma Informed Care Training
- 3. (ASD) Autism Spectrum Disorder Training
- 4. (MHIC) Mental Health Informed Care Training
- 5. (CAT) Cultural Awareness Training
- 6. (ERST) Ethical Response Safety Training (Pre Recorded Webinar & Face to Face )
Behaviour Management Training Programs 7-17 (Recommended 1 Co-Facilitation Anually for each trainer seeking Renewal of Trainer Certification for each package)
- Behaviour Management Training Programs 7 -18 (must complete at least one) (Live Webinars with Self Assessment 3 hours and Face to Face Presentions 6 hours)
- 7. (ERST) Standard Ethical Response Safety Training for Disability
- 8. (PPB) Protective Physical Behaviour Training for Schools
- 9. (MAB) Managing Aggressive Behaviours in Aged Care
- 10. (OVA) Occupational Violence & Aggression Management Training
- 11. (PBS) Positive Behaviour Support Training
- 12. (TICT) Trauma Informed Care Training
- 13. (ASD) Autism Spectrum Disorder Training
- 14. (MHIC) Mental Health Informed Care Training
- 15. (CAT)) Cultural Awareness Training
- 16. (DCAT) Disability Cultural Awareness Training
- 17. (DTT) Defensive Tactics Training (includes baton training & Holding techniques)
- 18. (IERST) Individualizsed Ethical Response Safety Training