Occupational Violence & Aggression (OVA) is aimed at all staff / carers who work with the public/ or family members who might become verbally or physically aggressive or violence. In this training workshop the following will be covered: assessing risk and minimising risk; managing your own feelings in difficult circumstances, ethical response techniques. Along with learning how to defuse a possible situation before it escalates out of control. Participants will be taught a range of techniques to keep everyone safe that are non-punitive and do not cause pain”.
- Definitions & Law
- Legal Issues (Law of Self Defence & Lawful Interventions)
- Ethical Response & Safe Practices (Theory)
- Principles of Early Intervention
- Physical Aggression Response Strategies (Current Situations)
- Understand the Legislation & Legal Issues
- Apply Ethical & Safe Practises
- Understand Principals of Early Intervention
- Demonstrate Physical Responses
Training is normally offered as a full day training from 9-3pm but we have a special half day workshop available.